Monday, November 4, 2013

Ciate Mini Mani Month at Sephora

I was so excited for this year's Ciate Mini Mani Month ($58). I bought last year's and I loved it. Their formula took a bit to figure out how to apply, but once I got a hang of it this stuff would last forever! I could go two weeks with minimal, minor chips (with a base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat). Last year's colors were so varied and included summer, spring, fall, and winter colors. Some colors were staples, others were trends. I could easily say that purchase was five stars, even though I didn't use any of their Caviar polishes (I could tell they wouldn't work for me as much as I use my hands).

This year's product is different. Looking at the picture, so many colors look exactly the same. I don't know if they were intended to be used for an ombre effect or what, but when I look at those they look exactly the same. Blah! Also, this years set has a bunch more effects, which I'm not a fan of. I can't get used to the idea of shaking straight up glitter onto wet nail polish. I applaud Ciate for yet again being trailblazers of nail trends, but I can't get the image of a little kid playing sprinkling glitter on glue for an art project (and making a mess) out of my head.

Verdict: I still love Ciate and would definately purchase a future set from them, but I think I will be skipping on this year's Mini Mani Month.

Feel free to comment if you've bought any of the sets I've mentioned and disagree with my opinion :) or anything else you would like to say/tell/ask me

No comments:

Post a Comment