Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tarte TSV Bow and Go November 18th

Hi guys!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that QVC will be airing a Tarte Today's Special Value on November 18th. They call it "Tarte Bow and Go" because it is packaged in three beautiful boxes for gifting and even comes with an actual bow. It will cost $49.98 on paper, but with tax and shipping (which I'm kinda mad I have to pay for because every other company I've bought online from like Sephora, Tarte, bareMinerals, and Amazon has a deal where you pay $X and you get free shipping) comes to around $62.

There are videos on Youtube showing/swatching the colors (I love prettydaysies and curlywavydiane). I just want to discuss what I think of the kit.

There are three parts to the kit, and all the products are full sized.

The first pink box on top has four Lipsurgence lip cremes. They do not sell these individually, but I  guess they might start to sell them soon (within the next year?). I don't know this for sure, but I'm making a guess based on what Tarte has done with other products. If they did sell them individually, they would probably be $24 like all the other Lipsurgence products, so this part is worth like $96.

The second box has two chubby SmolderEYES pencils in Brown and Fig. Both of these colors are in the regular line, so I can say for sure that they are each worth $22. One is a matte brown and the other is a shimmery rosey purple. It also has two Light, Camera, Lashes! mascara, each worth $19. This box is worth $82.

The third and final box includes 16 eyeshadows. I would try to estimate the worth of this one, but its kinda priceless. The shades are pretty evenly distributes between light highlights, medium lid colors, and darker shades for the crease and outer-V. The shades lean toward natural colors, with a few pops of green, purple, and pink.

The Verdict: I bought it. It really is a phenomenal value. If you even just like one of the boxes, individually any of them are easily worth the $62 price tag, and you can gift the other two with the handy included bow if you like. I know already that I will give the Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara to my mom because its her holy grail mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment